Thursday, May 24, 2007

A Random Post For Today....

Mr. V has had the last two days off. And needless to say, when he is home I really don't get all that much done. He never takes vacation, so has many days on the books that he needs to use up now. It is nice being able to spend sometime with him....

I have been able to keep up with my goal of dishcloths to used as presents later on....
I did start a bunch of pink ones this week. This color combo always reminds me of ice cream...


I have started looking for ribbons to tie up the dishcloths with and seem to be having good luck at Michael's craft store. I will have to go look for some pink and tans next trip...


I will have to try to get back to Ricky's cushion cover this weekend. I have been watching TV in the evenings with Rebecca and find it is easier to do simple crocheting while doing that.



The other project this weekend is to clean up the corner in the back to plant sunflowers. I will also be sticking some of these tomato plants that keep springing up with my peppers. This is the spot of the never dying tomato plant of last year. That thing was a monster and now seems to want to live on with its children.


I planted a couple in pots and they great like crazy. Will be interesting to see how they grow....


As I continue on with this really random post, I will share with you what I found in my sock basket (I stick things in there for safe keeping). It is an old toy of mine (and I mean really old toy). Was one of my favorite things in the world for years. It is a toy lunch box and Thermos. Guess it is time for it to come out of hiding for awhile and sit on a shelf.


These last two pictures are just for fun. The one above is of my laundry area in the garage. Even Mr. V got a good laugh out of how nice it looks in the picture. As long as I don't show the shelves it looks like a real laundry area. We did decide today that instead of him making doors for the shelves that I will make some blue gingham curtains for the shelves. That way it will not matter if a box is a little too long for the shelf. Fabric is more forgiving than wood.


And now I will close with a picture of Kandy. She wanted to come in and I wasn't letting her in until I got a picture of her. Love the wild eye look she has in this picture......

No comments: