Friday, June 01, 2007

Friday Is Here...

All right, so once again I was wrong about getting back on track with my posting stuff. This time I can blame Mr. V because he was goofing around on the computer. That's fine, he was looking up guitar stuff and seem to be having a good time. And then it was time to watch So You Think You Can Dance with Rebecca.

My goal for this new month is finish up as many of the large WIP's I have started. Right now I am still working on the blanket for Mr. V and think this weekend might be it for it. I really think the thing will be done. I don't think I will be crocheting anything that large for awhile. The blanket is extra wide because I wanted it to be able to drape over the chair in living room he sometimes has to sleep in.

Today I get to post the new book I got on Sunday (kids went to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie while I went to the bookstore).


It is called MaryJane's Stitching Room by MaryJane Butters. She also puts out a magazine called MaryJanes Farm which is always very nice to read and just look at.




The book is full of wonderful projects and wisdom/information by MaryJane. The picture above shows you a picture of her in one of the aprons included in the book to make. Her last issue of the her magazine was mostly about aprons and a very nice read.


I couldn't figure out how to show these pictures any better above. They are from the yo-yo part of the book. There is a pattern in the book for the pillow with tiny yo-yo's. I like the yo-yo quilt where the yo-yo's are made into flowers. I thought that was a great idea.

The book is just full of crocheting, embroidery, sewing, cut work, and even tatting.



There is a section on making crocheted rugs out of cotton stripes.



I really liked this crochet scarf from the section on hexagons.

And like a mentioned before there is a section on tatting. I have to admit she makes it look like fun and useful.


I really enjoyed all the lovely pictures in this book. Even if I don't make anything out of it, it is just a pleasure to look at. There are many family references in the book and old photos of her mother and grandmother. And can't forget that her daughter is also in the book.

I suppose I should now get the vacuuming done around the house. Ricky and I did get the van and truck washed this morning so we have nice shiny vehicles in the driveway.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend....

No comments: