Monday, August 06, 2007

Monday Is Here Again...



I had a bunch of posts waiting for pictures (because I had miss placed the batteries for the camera, which I have now found). Decided this morning to delete them because just didn't make much sense to post them so far after the fact. I think the only interesting thing that I deleted was last Thursday. Went on a site visit with Mr. V. When we got there the corral now had 9 horses running around. Mr. V went to open the gate, but, one of the horses decided he didn't want to move. So, I went over to the far corner and called the gang. Once a couple came over and got petted the others followed. Mr. V was able to go into the middle to unlock his gate so he could fix what had gotten broken on the door. I wish I had had my camera to take pictures of the horses because they were all very friendly. I liked how they were so interested in watching Mr. V work. I also need to get a picture of one of these kind of cell towers. Around here if you live in a wooded area the cell towers are made to look like pine trees. Kind of like a giant artificial Christmas tree, very interesting to see put together.





Onto everyday life. First still no job, but, it hasn't even been a full week yet. I have a feeling I will not really hear anything this month. This is always the slow time of year for hiring. I have been working on the baby blanket and am now onto the third skein of yarn. The picture above is of last week when I started on the second skein of yarn.





Last Friday I finally got the serger out. And today I will be sewing on the good old regular sewing machine.




I needed to make 6 new napkins for Mr. V to use with his lunch. We have found that these very simple 18 inch square sergered napkins work the best. Paper just gets messed up and the cloth can be used for other things if needed. I have learned also, for Mr. V., just a plain segered boarder works much better than a rolled hem. Which is fine with me, because it is easier and faster. The last step is to use Fray Check on the corners. When dry, just trim off the thread tails. There, that's it....



I also, finally, started the valance for the bathroom window (that would be the lavender mini check in the above pile). I have just been putting it off, like everything else. But, now it is cut out and seams done with the serger. All that is left is to sew on the machine.


I will close with a picture of the excited Kandy waiting for a bath and a haircut. I tried to take some pictures of her afterwards, but, she did not wish to have any part of that. You will just have to take my word on it that she looks very pretty now.....

No comments: