Thursday, March 08, 2007

Just Another Day....

All the school kids are coming home now. It is amazing how the noise level goes up when the big kids head home. I guess I forget after having to have the windows closed all day how noisy sometimes it can be outside. But, once all these kids are home, it goes right back to being quiet outside.

Since I don't really have anything all that interesting to write about thought we might look a nice old kid story book for the up and coming Easter time of year.

The Country Bunny and the Little Gold Shoes is one of those books wrote a long time ago that is still fun to read.

I have always liked the illustrations in this book. Cottontale is such a good mom.


The little bunnies that were good at sewing is one of my favorites.

Of course it has a happy ending. Naturally she is wise, brave, and just a nice bunny.

My Ricky was a wonderful boy today. He cut the grass out front and the back. I did some raking and we managed to fill the green can. (What is a green can you ask???? Well, the county we live in only will pick up yard waste every two week. They leave you a large can to fill. Once it is filled that is it until the county picks it up. I have a couple of spare plastic cans that I can fill to hold whatever else gets cleaned up this weekend and next week. ) I had not realized how little got done before winter set in. We have a lot of cleaning up to do over the next few months. It was nice to be able get out and do some physical work again. I had missed not being able to do anything outside since the beginning of November.

I am so on the ball today that I even have dinner already to go in the slow cooker. All that is left to do is clean up the kitchen, charge the weed eater so we can finish up the yard work tomorrow, and vacuum up the house. I think all will be done before Mr. V gets home! (And I even got the back screen door taken care of liked I had planned.) What'a good day this has been.

1 comment:

Shelby said...

I'm glad you had a great day :)