Thursday, April 26, 2007

Shoe Shopping Thursday..

Ricky and I spent a good part of the day looking for new shoes for him. It is getting harder finding him shoes since he is now 13 years old and wears a men's size 11. Don't want anything that looks like old guys shoes. He did find two pairs and he is all set now. Took him out to lunch afterwards and had a very nice time with him.

Really haven't done anything else all that interesting today so thought I might post a few pictures from a new quilting magazine, called Quilt.

I will admit that I don't always read everything in the magazines I buy. I really just like the pictures in most and what is written to go with the picture. But, this time there seems to be a lot of interesting things to read. There is an article by Kaffe Fassett called Cityscapes In The Sun: Quilts inspired by colorful buildings & decorative tiles. Has nice pictures and looks like some pretty interesting writing too. Then there is an article about Rosie Lee Tompkins that looks interesting.


One thing on the cover that caught my eye was the mention of a Beatrix Potter Storybook Quilt. I really like pretty much anything to do with Beatrix Potter so felt I should buy this just for that part. I will have to look for the fabric used and see what the colors look like in person. According to the materials needed section the fabric can be found at Quilting Treasures. The collection is called Garden Tales. To prove that I do like Beatrix Potter just look at the my links and you will find one for her.



There are many patterns for all different size projects. There is this cute little table size quilt called Patriot's Star made with fabrics from Windham Fabrics. The collection is called West by L.B. Krueger



Next there is this quilt with a matching pillow. I like the little matching pillow, what a simple and nice idea. The quilt is called Splish Splash with fabrics from Westminster Fibers. The collection is called Rainshine by Felicity Miller.



The pattern on this quilt I found interesting. It is called Flights of Fancy. The fabric is from Camelot Cottons. The collection is called Whimsies by Sue Penn.




Last are two products that I saw in the ads. I had no idea you could make different shaped yo-yo's. I check the web-site for Clover USA, but, there is no product information up on it yet.




And last there was this fabric. Yes, it is called Pairs Cats from Benartex. I couldn't find this on their site yet either. I am sure by next month there will be information on where to find this stuff. I would like to find this to maybe make something sometime for my cat loving mother.


Time to finish cleaning up the kitchen and then watch some TV with the gang. Think I will work on crocheting the blanket for Mr. V since that takes the least amount of thinking. Tomorrow I think we will start on the stump removeal in the front. Will have to do some soaking with water before digging. Am sure all this will be so exciting and fun (HA)...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha that cat fabric is the best! And I had no idea you could make those different shaped yo-yo's either. I'm not even good at the regular ones...so I don't even think a "maker" would help me along!

Anonymous said...

Haha that cat fabric is the best! And I had no idea you could make those different shaped yo-yo's either. I'm not even good at the regular ones...so I don't even think a "maker" would help me along!

Unknown said...

We are proud to have shopping for josef seibel shoes....