Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Another Rainy Tuesday...

Well, well, it has been a week since my last post. These kids of mine seem to be sucking up all my time. Then there was the problem of getting Rebecca's computer upgraded and that just didn't work out as well as I would have liked. Lots of running between two stores. Store A did not do a good job at all and computer wasn't working when we got it back. Found that store B (which is owned by the same company) was a better service store and I wanted them to fix the computer. Wanted store A to refund my money so I could pay store B for the work they were going to do to fix store A's mistake. Store A wasn't happy that I didn't let them try again. Ended up getting half the money back from Store A. Called the main folks for store A and B; they are now sending me the rest of the money back. Still have one small problem with a file that didn't transfer that I thought I took care of today, but, found out they got the wrong file off the old disk drive. Will have to try again. On the upside, Renee was told to go home and fill out a job application for store B. She may end up with a full time job if no one in the store wants full time. And there is also a part time job slot open too. I really hope they hire her....



I have been knitting baby bibs and working on crocheting at night. None of those things are that exciting to look at right now so I thought I would post about one of my new books. The pictures are very pretty in the Vintage Crochet book by Susan Cropper. You can also read a review of this book at The Hook and I and at Bella Dia.


The colors and the combination of fashion, home and garden choices makes this such a useful book to have around....



I liked this shelf cover. A possible use for all those little buttons....

There just was no way to scan this in any better. But, I really liked the breakfast set. There are some really nice egg covers that go with this set. I just wasn't able to fit them into my scanner.


And there is even a little bunny friend for you to make for someone....

I will say it again. Even if I don't get around to making anything sometime soon, I still enjoy looking at the pictures in this lovely book.

Hopefully I will get something interesting done to post soon. Tomorrow is Rebecca orthodontist day. I really want this to be a fast trip tomorrow. Until tomorrow I hope you have a great day or evening....

No comments: